Here are some updates for next week in 5-2...
- Our grammar and vocabulary routine will continue next week. Here is the breakdown:
Monday- all assignments given (vocabulary sentences, vocabulary assignment on Edmodo,
Tuesday- vocabulary sentences due (can be submitted on Edmodo or paper)
Thursday- vocabulary assignment (10 questions) on Edmodo due, grammar packet due
Friday- vocabulary and grammar quizzes (after we return from Naper Settlement)
- Students will be bringing home a Unit 10 assessment sheet for social studies in their Friday folders this week. This sheet shows your student's performance on standards related to his/her Chapter 10 poster project, which can be found in his/her Google Classroom account.
- If you have not yet returned your Camp Duncan permission slip, please return it as soon as possible.
- Please remember to sign and return your student's EMPTY Friday folder each week. There are two inserts in the middle prongs for you to look at and sign. There was no Friday Folder this week as we ran out of time last Friday.
- Students have been working on tree stories during their LMC time. As students finish these, they will be bringing a copy home in their Friday folders. The digital copy of your student's tree story can be found in Google Classroom. If you're interested in submitting your student's tree story to the Morton Arboretum, details from Mrs. Kovacic can be found below:
As part of our One Book, One Dryden reading of Wishtree by Katherine Applegate, students explored the Morton Arboretum’s Tree-Stories project at www.tree-stories.org. We read Our Tree Named Steve by Alan Zweibel and I shared some of my personal tree connections with them. Ms Wilson, one of our 3rd grade teachers, even brought in a picture of her childhood climbing and reading tree to share. We then wrote our own memories associated with trees.
If you would like to submit your story to the Morton Arboretum’s Tree-Stories project, you can visit their website and enter your student’s story. It may be selected to be posted online and you could win ticket to Illuminations, their popular winter event. Note that parent permission is required for submission.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Dryden Elementary School
Have a great Dolphin week!